Monday, July 26, 2010

Here we go!

So you're all dying to know how the Pacific Northwest Writers Conference went. No one word could even come close to how well it went. I pitched my book 7 times, 5 agents and 2 editors. All of them gave me a card, 3 of those cards came from people who don't give out "mercy cards". As in, you paid for this conference so we should give you a card.

I had one agent in particular, no names mentioned until I know for sure what's going to happen, who not only loved my pitch and me, she took a hard copy submission package from me right there. For those of you who don't go to conferences, that just isn't done due to the volume of paper they would end up with at the end of the weekend. She also told me to stop pitching to the other agents and just go home so that she wouldn't have any competition. Pretty nice feeling!

Both editors requested my full ms and one of them pulled me aside after our meeting and told me that he felt my ms would be a perfect fit for a particular line within his publishing house, so the sooner I could get it to him the better.

The whole weekend was a bit surreal, I had experience after experience where I gave my pitch, ran into agents on the elevator, the hallway, at breakfast and gave them reason's (good ones!) to remember me. If I didn't know better, I would say that it wasn't me there at all.

Gotta go now, getting some more information from an agent down the pipeline. Will updtae later today!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Shannon! Happy for you and your success.

Kyra said...

Congratulations! Sounds like an exciting and successful weekend.

Tanya said...

YAY!!!*does happy dance for you around the house* thats the best news ever!, i really hope these are the ones you've been waiting for! :P you need to update again really soon so we know whats going on :)

Shannon said...

Sorry about the poor spell check job, was a tad bit excited!! I spoke with the agent on the phone, she's already read the first three chapter at the conference in between appointments and she's going to read the rest as quick as possible. Its really looking good this time and I can barely contain my excitement! I will be sending out huge thank you's to everyone who has supported and helped me along the way, couldn't have done it without any of you!! :D

Anonymous said...

Definately sending out good vibes..
So glad things are going well.. You deserve it..
I would appreciate being on the list for first published books..
Congratulations for sure..
Eric